Security Specialist, Special Programs
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Daylight Solutions Inc., San Diego, CA. Specializes in mid-infrared sources and systems into defense, commercial, and research markets. Providing customers with a sustainable, competitive advantage in molecular detection and imaging applications through global leadership position in advanced, mid-infrared technology
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Title: Security Specialist, Special Programs
Monitors and reports on all security aspects of the DRS Proxy Agreement requirements, DRS Security policies and procedures and physical security programs and activities at a DRS cleared facility. Implements, manages to and ensures compliance with DRS security policies, procedures and directives. Primary advisor to senior leadership on all site physical and Proxy security compliance matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Capable of working in a dynamic, fast moving team environment which involves multiple levels of security professional disciplines. Conduct themselves as a team member, able to contribute security interests in all settings specific to the team's needs.
• Security professional must be flexible, agile and a self-starter that is confident and experienced in the same arena.
Capable of travel (once per quarter) and potentially altered work hours depending on the needs of the team.
• As requested, implements all Corporate Security direction, policy and procedures throughout the facility in support of NISP and DRS security requirements
• Has a working knowledge and maintains a security regimen which ensures all classified information, generated or received is appropriately protected in accordance with applicable guidelines of the DoD and IC security directives including but not limited to DoDD 5205.07 and associated manuals, ICD 503, 704, and 705, and DoDM 5200.45 to include the JAFAN and JSIG
• Ensure that system recovery processes are monitored to ensure that security features and procedures are properly restored
• Consistently and accurately reviews, responds, to, and processes all security paperwork and systems for accuracy, completion, and submission• Systems include, but are not limited to JPAS, eFCL, ISFD, DIAS, SIMS and eQIP
• Conducts periodic self-inspections on local processes and practices to ensure Proxy, DSS, and customer compliance; accurately reports security posture to site, group and corporate leadership
• Develops, conducts, coordinates and delivers all site and program-specific security education programs ensuring all facility personnel complete appropriate security training
• Conduct security awareness briefings and debriefings, including counterintelligence, pre- and post-travel, and suspicious contact reports to site personnel
• Coordinates, submits, and confirms employee security clearances via multiple platforms to include JPAS, reviewing e-QIP/SF-86 documentation, and conducting Initial Security Briefings
• Maintains, accountability for all classified and COMSEC material, including shipping, receiving, logging, marking, and dissemination
• Oversees badging of employees, visitors, consultants and government representatives to ensure compliance with DRS policy
• Maintains all security requirements for programs under their purview to ensure compliance with the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and relevant supplemental DoD and IC policies and directives
• Conducts periodic self-inspections on local processes and practices to ensure NISP compliance; accurately reports security posture to site, group and corporate leadership
• Conducts and coordinates investigations into security violations related to cleared information systems; ensures corrective actions are implemented• Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
• Bachelor's degree or 2+ years equivalent experience, Veteran with applicable Military experience is highly preferred
• Must have an active Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI U.S. Government security clearance
• Must have completed the FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities Curriculum and the Counterintelligence DSS training
• Must have completed Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) or Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) coursework
• Must have proven experience managing programs with the DoD, IC, and SAP government communities
• Analytical ability to understand and interpret Department of Defense (DoD) and company security policies and procedures
• Substantial communication skills to advise customers of DoD and company industrial security policies and procedures and supervise the plant protection personnelAdditional Desirable Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge
• Previous COMSEC experience is a plus
• Security +, A+, Network +, ISP and/or CISSP Certification is a plus
• Completion of required Department of Defense (DoD) courses related to government security- highly desired
• Performs independently, or with a group, on site, group or enterprise-level security projects designed to enhance the security posture of DRS
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.