Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Daylight Solutions is a subsidiary of Leonardo DRS. Our mission at DRS Daylight Solutions is to be a leader in developing molecular detection, imaging and illumination systems for use in scientific research, life sciences, industrial process control, and defense applications. Mixed Generation Infrared Countermeasure Laser Systems. Multi-Spectral Beacons for Combat Identification. Sensors for Real-Time Liquid & Gas Phase Analysis. Mid Infrared Chemical Imaging.
DRS Daylight Solutions culture is family oriented, friendly, innovative, and collaborative. We enjoy working hard and have fun doing it. Our purpose is to save lives with light. If you are an innovator that wants to be part of the solution, we are looking for pioneers like you who will help bring great ideas from concept to reality.
Job Location: San Diego, CA
The Test Engineer supports and participates in technical activity. Designs, develops, analyzes, documents and supports testing of products, systems, or subsystems. The Test Engineer will use a combination of test expertise and familiarity of optical principles, to support the full suite of test and verification activities required during each project, program and production life cycle phase. The Test Engineer will be an contributor during test planning and execution and may lead a test support team in the design, validation, maintenance and repair of test equipment and testing software. The Test Engineer will be responsible for continuous monitoring of test parameters and test execution during test, and will be required to conduct data reduction and analysis posttest in support of authoring test reports and failure analysis when applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Involved with the design and development of test programs to measure the functionality and integrity of products and services. • Writes test procedures and protocols to assess product reliability and evaluates the ability of products to meet performance standards and specifications.
• Debugs test hardware and software.
• Author Test Plans, Test Readiness Reviews, Test Procedures and Test Reports• Design, implement, validate, document and maintain new and existing optical and environmental test setups• Conduct tests with emphasis on continuous data collection, analysis and test status assessment
• Provide rapid response to technical issues that may arise during test execution• Support failure analysis with test data and assigned engineering investigation tasks• Use entrepreneurial approach and leadership skills to make best use of limited resources to meet scope and schedule
• Occasionally assemble engineering prototype designs prior to testing.• Occasionally conduct tests at external test labs and facilities, requiring local travel• Manage external test vendors with appropriate planning and test execution oversight as required• Lead and mentor others• Additional duties as directed or required
• Requires a BS in Engineering from an ABET accredited school with 2 years’ experience in an optics/laser environment• Requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance• Requires hands-on experience using Matlab, Labview and/or Excel macro language for test automation and data analysis• Requires hands-on skills in optical instrumentation and metrology• Familiarity with MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, RTCA DO-160 or similar industry-wide test standards and procedures is a plus• ZEMAX experience a plusLeonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #DLS